Victim/Witness Assistance Unit

Ingrid Frohbieter, Victim/Witness Assistance Coordinator


Where we are

The Victim/Witness Assistance Unit is housed within the Scotts Bluff County Attorney’s Office. Our office is located on the third floor of the Scotts Bluff County Courthouse (1725 10th Street in Gering, Nebraska).

Am I a victim of crime?

What rights do I have as a victim of crime?

How can I be notified of events related to the criminal case?

Sign up for notifications through NEVCAP at:

How can I provide a Victim Impact Statement?

  • Contact District 12 Probation to provide a Victim Impact Statement at 308-436-6655
  • Complete this form and email it to the Victim/Witness Assistance Unit at

What to do if…

  • I disagree with the charges filed in a case
  • I do not feel safe due to the crime committed against me
  • I have more information about the case that I want to share
  • I am being coerced to change my statement

Call the Scotts Bluff County Attorney’s Office at 308-436-6674, then press 1 for the Victim/Witness Assistance Unit

How to contact…

  • The prosecutor in my case
    Scotts Bluff County Attorney’s Office                      308-436-6674
  • The Public Defender
    Scotts Bluff County Public Defender’s Office        308-436-6678
  • To reach any law enforcement agency, call the Scotts Bluff County Communications Center at 308-436-6666

Protection Orders

How do I choose which protection order I need?

  • Use this flowchart to help you choose the protection order that best suits your needs

How do I access the forms?

Protection Order Form Guide will provide you with information about how to complete the necessary forms to request a protection order

Find answers to other questions at this link: Protection Order FAQs